Well, as a few know, we have had LOADS to think about over the past few weeks/months/days. We finally reached our decision of home educating Lewis, as the school just simply does not meet all of his needs and requirements, and it's not fair on Lewis, nor is it making him happy. And mama is SO not happy, what with all the sleepless nights, and the "am I doing the right thing" etc.etc. But now we have made the final choice, and Lewis is more than pleased. We have evn had less tantrums, and manic devil-child episodes already, and we are bursting with ideas for things to do, although we will do a bit of de-schooling first :) Tomorrow is the day we go to see the head teacher and hand in our de-reg letter. I'm expecting to be talked out of it really...all the reasons how they can change things, do things differently, do this, do that, but frankly, I have heard it all before from them, and will not be swayed! Must be strong!!
Lewis and I headed out on a walk this afternoon-the autumnal chill in the air was too hard to resist, and we collected hordes of autumn-type goodies to add to our season table. I also used this time to have a good chat with Lewis, just to really make sure for the last time he knew what home schooling would mean, how he felt about it, and so on, and unsurprisingly his opinion hasn't changed, which is good!
The Brambly Hedge folks live here, says Lewis!
:) Exciting times ahead.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with handing in the de-reg letter tomorrow.
Joxy.