Wednesday, 16 September 2009

chickens and weddings!

I found the best bargain ever!! In the oxfam shop in Alnwick, I found a lovely gold dress, just perfect for my extra cheap, very much on a budget wedding! And it was £12.99! Now, some may call me a cheapskate, and some may mock me for not buying new, but as I see it, it's rather green buying second hand, and why would I want to waste money on a dress that I will have on for a day? Plus, for that cheap I can chop the bottom off when I have finished, sew some bits on, add a few tears/embellishments, and have myself a funky new outfit! It doesn't look too good in the pic, as the light on my camera is buggered, but you get the general idea :)

The next bit of excitement in the household was that Maisie the chicken hatched her eggs! She went broody just before we moved house in the summer, but with moving, she was knocked back a bit, and it's taken her a few months to sit again. We didn't think she would sit for the duration this time round, as she is still only very young, but she did us proud, and yesterday hatched out 4 chicks! How cute are they??!!
The other big chickens have just discovered there are babies, and already they tried to attack them (they are SO vicious), so mummy and babies are now residing in the kitchen where it's warm and snug, out of harms way where I can keep an eye on them  :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress for your wedding.

    Those chicks are rather cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cool.. chickens in the kitchen!

    PS.. I really love your dress, you did good!

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol