Thursday, 22 October 2009

Autumn days and nights

Aweek or two ago we had a stoat get in our rabbit run, and managed to pull the heads off 2 guinea pigs, and Weasley the giant rabbit. By some kind of miracle, Hermione survived, but she obviously was really shaken up, and very lonely, as she has always lived with the rest. So we decided to get a rescue rabbit from the local centre. We were told that Honey and her sister Jazz were rescued in a pretty poor state, and they had been in for weeks now, as everyone flocked towards the lovely, cuddly, friendly rabbits. In fact, the staff had nicknamed them Killer 1 and Killer 2!! Well I couldn't leave Honey behind, she was so beautiful, and I thought she just looked like she wanted someone to talk to! Yes, I'm mad! So, Killer 1 is now safe in her new home with her new friend Hermione, so lets introduce Honey...isn't she gorgeous!


Note the sleeve over hand where the teeth are lol!!!

My nana also paid a surprise visit, courtesy of my uncle. This is the first time I have seen her for a year and a half due to a MASSIVE family falling out, and as my nana lives on my parents farm I have been unable to visit her. We speak every day on the phone, and I really miss her, as she brought me up. Lewis was over the moon, and kept asking her if she would stay, as she could share his bed! She looks good for 92!




We are also getting on well with our outdoor forest are bit of the garden. It really is for Lewis, but it gives me a great place to wrap myself up in my crochet blanket, and listen to the birds.




Happy days :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, really brought a smile to my face, especially your fab nana ( really close to mine so know how you feel!)

    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! How awful for your poor guinea pigs and Weasley. How nice that you have two new rabbits. How lovely for you to see your Nanna again, you must have been over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad for your guinea pigs and Weasley. :( It is lovely that you were able to find companions for Hermione so easily. How wonderful that your Nana came for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hows the home Ed? bet Lewis must be loving it. Would love to myself and if like you I feel the system which can be so naff letsmy child down hopefully will one day be in a position to help my wee one too.

    Louise - lives in northumberland too but can't sign in for somebloody reason!!! bugger bugger bugger

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol