Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Loch Lomond

We decided on Thursday night we would take a random drive up to Loch Lomond, and on the way home visit Stirling Castle, which I have been to before, but being honest, can't remember it at all. We got up really early (for me!) at half 5, then by half 6 we were ready. Lewis is usually up this early anyway, so he wasn't bothered at all. Just mama was grumpy and zombified!! It didn't take too long to get up there, probably about two and a half hours, with a couple of stops on the way to let Lewis stretch his legs, but he is like me, he loves going new places, so he didn't really complain, although we were treated to him testing us (!!) on french vocab most of the journey. Loch Lomond would have been beutiful if it weren't for the HUGE naval base right in the middle of it, which made me pretty sad really-why spoil such a beautiful place with such an ugly cause? We then went up to Loch Long, which was really gorgeous, although Richard and I agreed we both preferred the hills, so we drove through them on the way back down, stopping off at a car museum for Lewis where we got to see Mr Beans car, Del Boy's van, the Bat Mobile, the car from the Fast and the Furious (I think lol), Harry Potters car, and a few more. Don't know if Richard or Lewis were the most excited!

Stirling Castle was nice, but being honest, I much prefer the old ruined type, and Lewis said the same. He told me "this castle isn't old mummy", so don't think he was impressed! We left there just at closing time, then headed back home for bed.












Highland coos in the road!







Very high for somebody who hates heights!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I have been to Loch Lomond once and absolutly loved it. Never been to Stirling Castle which is embarrasing as we are not living far away from it. At which car museum did you stop?

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol had to ask Dh...but it was this one http://www.carsofthestars-scotland.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol