Sunday, 25 July 2010

Gardening and chutney making.

Thankfully, today I haven't felt too bad. I helped Richard cut up the wood for the wood shed, did a bit of veg garden titivation, and made my first batch of chutney. I was going to progress onto lemon curd, but after weighing out the sugar I realised I didn't have too much butter, so that will have to wait til tomorrow. The chutney smelled so nice thogh on the stove, and I was planning on entering some in the village show in september, by which time it will have mellowed nicely. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel okay, as my sister wants me to go shopping for some shoes for her to wear to a wedding in Ireland, and she hates shopping as much as me, so it will be fun! Not loking forward to Richard going back to work tomorrow though, as he really is a big help to me when he is here, although I do moan at him all day and tell him he does everything wrong! I don't know what I would do without him...maybe I should at least attemt being a bit nicer!

first trailer full of logs...




yummy apple and roast garlic chutney.


must be love...



4 comments:

  1. Awwww and I'm eyeing up your logs rather enviously! There some great treeblock sized ones there... lol

    I asked the a tree surgeon if I could have some.. I didn't think to check what he was giving me before they left... all the little branches etc are left on.. I was envisaging detwigged logs. So, I wil have to attempt to saw them all.. eeek. IN the past my attempts at sawing have not been overly successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I don't envy you one bit! Pity Richard couldn't have just popped down the "few" miles to yours lol...he always takes of the little bits for folk as he goes (hmmm it has some technical tree surgeon-ey name but what it is called, don't ask me lol!). And don't mention sawing to me...I am far too handy at sawing bits of hand etc etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( hoping you have a good day without your man at home to help you. Good luck with the shoe shop , I hate that sort of thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrellnutkin27 July 2010 at 14:59

    So sorry to hear that you are poorly - I have missed reading your blog! Take good care of yourself and have fun shopping - rather you than me LOL xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol