Saturday, 29 October 2011

Settling in the new house.

Firstly, I'd just like to say *hello* to all the new followers I seem to have on my blog! I'm so happy so many people find my sporadic random ramblings so interesting! Please feel free to leave a comment and say hello, it's so nice to meet you :)

We have been here for over a month now, and are getting settled in nicely. Some of our belongings are still in boxes in the spare room, but it's mostly my books and card-making stuff which I really need to sort through. I have a huge urge to make some cards again, and Richard is going to set up the spare room for me again as a craft room for doing my cards and using the sewing machine. I want to use it as a music room too as I'd quite like to play my violin more regularly again, and Lewis is learning keyboard, so I think it will be a nice reaxing room to be in, full of creativity. It has such a lovely view of all the trees outside the window, and we are really enjoying studying the hardwood trees outside and note how they are changing, and they seem to be changing really quickly now.

view out of the bedroom window, you can also see the village park...

We have also been having fun getting the garden to how we want it. No doubt the neighbours with their perfectly manicured lawns are shaking their heads in disbelief as we have dug up most of the back garden to accomodate 3 raised beds for veg, shed, ferret house, and huge dog kennel, and in the spring we will add to it a small(ish!) chicken run! I got Richard to move the washing poles to the front garden too, as there is much moe room, so no doubt we will be looked on as the "strange new family"! No change there then!!




 Spingles the cat being busy!

Richard has also intstalled various bird tables and feeders around the garden. We have deccided to make the back garden as a working garden with the veg patches and when we save up enough money, a small greenhouse (our old one was way too rickety to bring along :( ), and to use the front garden as a nice place to sit and relax, and my plants and flowers out of the way of dogs and chickens! Of course, this will no doubt change when Lewis decides the back is no longer interesting to play in, and moves round to the front! Anyway, after a while of no birds visiting the garden, and me gazing enviously over into next doors garden with all the birds hiding in his hedge, we finally have little feathered visitors! It's amazing being able to sit with Lewis and watch them in the garden, and Fin is getting to the stage where he will watch them for a while too. There was a robin first, and he has decided the bird table is only for him. It's so funny to watch him hide in the hedge and when a sparrow appears, dive bomb it! The only other bird that gets on the table is a beautiful blackbird. There are sparrows galore, coal tits, blue tits, and another robin. Hopefully as the weather gets colder we can encourage more. They are so fascinating to watch.

 Robin sat on the swinging seat

2 comments:

  1. So lovely to read about all your plans. They sound very exciting.We are digging up our front lawn for veg beds (well, the pigs are - lol ) It looks so beautiful where you are.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got so much done already!

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol