It started this morning where my chest felt "funny". I mentioned it to my mum when we went for coffee and cake and by 10am when I got back home through the ice covered ski slope which is our road, I had tried to open Lewis bedroom window to let some air in, got my arm half way up when suddenly by upper back on the right hand side went "PING"!!!!!! Oh my word the pain! It was so painful that my eyes went all swimy and black, and I staggered through to the bedroom and lay on the bed. That was a bad move, I ended up being stuck there for two whole hours waiting for Richard to come home for lunch to rescue me! Eventually (after lying in the freezing cold!)) he arrived and phoned the doctor, who said I should either come in this afternoon, or go straight to A and E. I decided to go to the doctor and after painful trip throught the snow got there, to be prodded, poked, arms and legs waved around....bear in mind I'm 6 months pregnant and now even lifting my leg even slightly is no mean feat!! The worst part was when he had to palpate my liver....oh that hurt!! A doctors fist under your ribs is not fun. Then I was so paranoid he had pressed down on my baby :( So he took a while to ressure me that little babes is at the front and he was pressing higher up more in my side. I was still so worried though, and now I think I am getting a huge bruise where he was squishing me. Anyhoo, after all that, he came up with I had chest cavity pain. Okaaaaaay. Maybe I could have come up with that myself. I know I have pain!!!!
Anyway, now I am resting, still, and drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream on it, while Lewis reads his Horrid Henry book. Fire is blazing away, and cats are snuggled up on the rug. Tomorrow I think we might make some snowflakes to hang at the window, and maybe some paper chains. Lovely.
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My fave places on the net...
CURRENT MOON
|
I am a |






Oh gosh, that does sound horribly painful. You rest mama and take it easy!
ReplyDeleteChest pain is really sore. Lots of hugs to you Hot water bottles, resting and hot chocolate are all required here ;) xx
ReplyDeleteOh poor you that sounds so painful. I had something similar with one of my pregnancies, it could be that you have been doing too much. The relaxin makes all your joints and ligaments loosen up and then when you get too lively you can pull them badly! Get lots of rest, I am sure it will get better soon.
ReplyDeleteIs that the same as Chest Wall Inflamation?I had that a few months back and it lasted for a couple of weeks.Scared the heck out of me thinking it was heart problems...esp as it went up the shoulder.Take it easy honey, hopefully it will go soon.Worst partis there isnt much you can take for it with bub on board.HUGS
ReplyDeleteThank you for all your lovely comments :)
ReplyDeleteI think it will be the same thing, and yes,, it scared the hell outta me too, especially when I am already on meds for a blood clotting disorder. Not fun!