Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Is it the weather...

...that is making me feel so restless? Or is it the christmas/new year anti-climax effect? Something is making me want to shake things up a little, to completely change me and my life, to run away from it all. I sit and daydream for hours about it, then I come back down to earth with a bump, and remember all the things that would make it so hard to do all the things I yearn for. Maybe it's because this year I will be leaving my 20's behind, and in some ways I feel like I haven't "done" anything with my life (although I so obviously have!) Maybe the weather is just making me feel claustraphobic, as we have been near enough snowed in since before christmas. Each day is the same, same sounds, same sights, same colours. And the lack of sun and fresh air is making me so stifled. Let the sun return to warm the earth, and breathe life into me and my garden again...


The main road!!



there were two pheasants but by the time I got my camera they had gone!!



if you look in the background you can see how much snow fell on the top of the cold frames!



I love this photo...


7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel when you say you feel restless...It think its a little of the holiday thing and a bit of the turning 30 thing...going from 29 to 30 just does....something ....to you psycologically...I was there 5 months ago and it too a while to get used to no longer being in my 20's.Just remember with age comes wisdom and you are only as old as you feel...(an excuse to go and play all you can:)and have lots of fun!)Just enjoy each day as it comes and when your birthday gets here make it a good one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Also snow drives me mad as I wish to be moving.

    I Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. May all your dreams for 2010 come true. I look forward to reading your blog through out this year.

    Blessed be

    Evening Breeze x

    Ps. Thank you for following mine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this when I have PMT. Realising this has helped me cope with it when I have restless feet and feel like running :-)

    Where do you live? It looks so peaceful and wonderful. You must look around and feel like you can really breathe!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so restless too. Recently I got these two adorable mini-daschund puppies. They are so much fun and love to play. All I can think about is taking them outside to run with and play with them. The problem is that they have legs that are about 4-6 inches long. The snow goes up to their shoulders. We do go for walks on the sidewalks but being confined to the small path isn't much fun. Most of the sidewalk still has ice on it so me running with them is out of the question.

    Thanks so much for adding my new blog to your blog list. It's a bit of an experiemnt so I have no idea where it's going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. This is the time of year I feel like purging everything from my house - don't use it? Throw it away! Clean, rearrange, clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled across your blog (I am a bit new to this blogging stuff), what gorgeous photos! The snow is so lovely to look at but i dream of hanging my washing on the line on a lovely warm springs day :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures.
    Eh...but now spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol