Monday, 1 February 2010

My second childhood is here...

actually, I don't think I have actually left my first childhood!! But I had a wonderful day browsing through the second hand shops on a search for Enid Blyton books. I had lots of them, probably most of them, when I was younger, and somewhere along the line they seem to have disappeared. So I decided I wanted to try collect and read as many of them as I can, as I am OBSESSED by them! So these are the ones I managed to find today...

 
and also the Green Witch book for £1 :)
Anyone else a secret EB fan?


8 comments:

  1. Me :-) A friend bought me the Far Away Tree triology last year.. well she bought it for Rye.. lol I immediately sat and read it :-)

    I use to have all the famous five, five finders out, secret seven, naughtiest girl in the school, mallory towers, Cherry Tree farm series, wishing chair etc. Then I leant the books to the daughter of my brother's g/f and never got them back :-(

    I noticed my local charity shop had some EB's in too and plan to go back and buy them ;-)

    Ohhh and I use to love the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and there was a series about a boarding school in the swiss alps or somewhere like that.. chatteux something or other it was called.. really enjoyed those books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh joxy, you're as bad as me! Go on, buy them! And is it the books by elinor brent-dyer you're thinking of? The chalet school? I love those too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the Malory Towers series constantly and fantasised about being sent to boarding school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. Have quite a few I've picked up at bootsales and charity shops. Famous five and Faraway tree stuff we're my favourites as a kid. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word , looking at those covers takes me right back xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! That's right the Chalet School.. oh gosh, I loveed them so much.. I so use to fantasise about going to boarding school.. hmmm and now I home ed lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi

    I had hundreds as a child but my sister's had them after me and I never saw them again. Famous Five, Secret Seven, Mallory Towers.... oooh might try and get a few myself now :)

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol