Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Service has resumed!

I am finally back, after 3 weeks of erratic internet posting. The laptop has been sent away to get the hard drive fixed no less than THREE times, and although it still isn't right, it's useable. So I get the joy of catching up on all the blogs I have missed reading, and the posts on the various forums I belong to :)


Apart from the laptop being a pain, I have had no cooker for a week! Not good when you have a hungry husband who spendsall day outside in the woods working, and a son who appears to have a hollow leg with all the food he eats! We ordered our new cooker last Sunday, and very surprisingly it arrived before lunch on Monday. However, they didn't supply a major part, meaning we couldn't connect it to the gas supply. So we contacted the place where we bought it from, and they said they would put the bits in the post, and they would arrive in the morning, or at the very latest, Wednesday morning. So guess what. Wednesday, still no bits. I was a bit annoyed at this point, as the cooker is twice the size of the original one, meaning the wall had to be re-tiled and the bench altered. So phoned up the manufacturer and was told that someone has made a mistake, all the bits had been shipped out to other people, and as their computer system was down they had no idea when they would be getting any more of said bits, and they would phone me back. I am STILL WAITING. There is service for you eh? So contacted the place we bought it from again who told us to get in touch with a branch they use for spare parts. They told us they would send the bits out with DHL for next day delivery for £15. They didn't arrive the next day (!!) and a phonecall to DHL told me that someone had made a mistake (again) and because we lived more than 250 miles away we shouldn't have been told we could have next day delivery. So next thing, somebody at DHL at Edinburgh discovered that the parcel had actually arrived there on Thursday, and was now lost (by now it was Friday). Then we were told if someone did actually find it we would have to wait til Monday to get it. Cue much colourful language, and lo and behold the parcel magically appeared here at 9am on Saturday morning. Phew.



my bombsite kitchen!!!!




starting tiling.



halfway there.



 ta dah!



3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lovely! I want your range cooker!!!!! ;-)

    Joxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo, nice to see you back1

    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very professional looking stove. Love it!
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Grab A Button

Photobucket
Photobucket
CURRENT MOON

Nestle free zone

I'm a Holistic Mama

Snag a button

I am a
Morning Glory

What Flower
Are You?

The International Breastfeeding Symbol